This post was originally published on December 17, 2013 and updated on January 4, 2021.
This may be the first time that healthy cooking oil appears on many people’s New Year’s resolution lists. The more we learn about how fats behave in our bodies, the more sense it makes to use the one that has the attention of health researchers around the world.
Next year, instead of reaching for vegetable oils (soy, canola, corn) that may contribute to unhealthy inflammation, grab Malaysian palm fruit oil instead. Here are a few health reasons for stocking up:
• Smarter weight management. Dieters know the importance of eliminating “empty calories”. Malaysian palm fruit oil has the same amount of calories as other oils, but it’s loaded with nutrients such as beta carotene and tocotrienols that are creating excitement among health professionals.
• Proactive brain health. Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a stroke. Ongoing research suggests that Malaysian palm fruit oil may help reduce damage to your brain cells if you should have a stroke and possibly speed your recovery afterward.
• Support a healthy body. Other preliminary research indicates that Malaysian palm fruit oil may help diseased livers recover, decrease the occurrence of osteoporotic fractures, and support breast cancer treatment.
• Protect your skin from the inside out. The carotenoids in Malaysian palm fruit oil may protect your skin from UV damage. Preliminary research also indicates that the oil’s tocotrienols also may slow cellular aging.
• Banish harmful trans fats from your kitchen. Palm fruit oil is naturally free of trans fat and cholesterol-neutral. It has a high smoke point, meaning that you won’t have to worry about it becoming toxic when heated.
Malaysian palm fruit oil is flavor neutral, meaning that your favorite dishes will taste just as delicious as you (and your family) remember them. Whole Foods and many ethnic markets already carry Malaysian palm fruit oil, but you might start seeing it in more grocery stores in the near future.
We are your resource for information on the health and nutritional benefits of Malaysian palm fruit oil and palm fruit oil bioactives. We provide breaking news and industry research, including the exciting potential for supporting cardiovascular and neurological health.