The Malaysian Palm Oil Council’s 2017 Palm International Nutro-Cosmeceutical Conference (PINC) will focus on the beneficial nutrients derived from oil palm, including tocotrienols, carotenoids and phenolics. Researchers, as well as doctors, dietitians, nutritionists and others health professionals, will gather from as far away as the U.S. and Australia will gather in Malaysia to share these phytonutrients’ benefits and the ongoing research. Palm oil’s role in a healthy diet – and the latest scientific evidence documenting this – will also be discussed.
The PINC Conference also attracts international leaders in the nutraceutical, cosmeceutical and health industry, such manufacturers, retailers and importer/exporters, who are eager to learn the most updated and science-based information about palm oil and its nutritional benefits. Palm-derived nutrients have been studied for more than 30 years and have been the topic of more than 180 research projects.
Presenters discussing tocotrienols include
- Dr. Chandan Sen, Ohio State University. Palm tocotrienols and stroke prevention
- Dr. Kanga Rani, Malaysian Palm Oil Board. Overview of palm tocotrienols in cancer prevention
- Dr. Pramof Khosla, Wayne State University. Tocotrienol rich fraction effects on cholesterol efflux
Palm phenolic researchers include:
- Dr. Ravigadevi Sambanthamurthi, Malaysia. Oil palm phenolics: discovery, current knowledge and future challenges
- Dr. Smiti Gupta, Wayne State University: Oil Palm Phenolics reduce neurotoxic metabolites in a rat model of Alzheimer’s disease
- Dr. Mahinda Abeywardena, The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Australia. Emerging trends in the global nutraceuticals market: novel opportunities for the palm oil industry
Palm oil’s role in health and nutrition presenters include:
- Mr. Terence Tan Yew Chin, Institute for Medical Research, Malaysia. Systematic review of palm oil and its implication on diet-related non-communicable diseases
- Dr. Felicia Stoler, Rutgers University. Choosing optimum dietary fat permutations for healthy lifestyles
- Dr. Joerg J. Jacoby, Wilmar Biotechnology R&D Center, China. Improving the quality and reputation of palm oil through research
Click here for the complete PINC 2017 conference program.
We are your resource for information on the health and nutritional benefits of Malaysian palm fruit oil and palm fruit oil bioactives. We provide breaking news and industry research, including the exciting potential for supporting cardiovascular and neurological health.