As far back as 400 BC, Hippocrates (the father of medicine) was encouraging health through good nutrition. Red palm oil, consumed by millions of people for thousands of years, is a virtual treasure trove of plant-based goodness. How good? Check out this fascinating webinar, sponsored by the Malaysian Palm Oil Council.
The fourth in a science-based series, the “Palm Carotenoids in Human Nutrition and Health” webinar may have you rushing out to buy red palm oil for your pantry and skin care products made with red palm oil.
Here are some “wow!” facts from the webinar presentations:
- Palm oil is the world’s richest natural plant source of carotenoids, which have very high antioxidant properties.
- Carotenoids in red palm oil support vision, immune function, cell health, fetal development, cognitive function and bone health.
- The body does a better job of absorbing carotenoids when they are accompanied with a little fat, such as the balance of unsaturated and saturated fats found naturally in red palm oil.
- The vitamin E tocopherols and tocotrienols, carotenoids, flavonoids and other phytosterols found in red palm oil are associated with cardiovascular health.
- Carotenoids can accumulate in your skin, through food intake, which may support younger looking skin.
- Applying antioxidants directly to skin helps manage the damaging excess free radicals created by UV exposure.
- Topical application of the palmitic acid, oleic acid and unsaturated fatty acids from red palm oil is also associated with enhancing skin’s appearance and general health.
- Skin products made with palmitic and oleic acid from red palm oil also help improve skin texture.
- The Q10 found in red palm oil may help improve the appearance of wrinkles by supporting collagen and elastin production.
- When applied topically, the vitamin E and phytosterols in red palm oil help to lock in moisture for a more radiant complexion.
Given all these facts, Malaysian certified sustainable red palm oil certainly qualifies as a superfood. Here are more science-based facts about its health benefits.
We are your resource for information on the health and nutritional benefits of Malaysian palm fruit oil and palm fruit oil bioactives. We provide breaking news and industry research, including the exciting potential for supporting cardiovascular and neurological health.