How are you taking care of your heart this Valentine’s Day? One easy way is to choose products that contain Malaysian certified sustainable palm oil. Here are just five of the reasons why this natural, healthy fat is good for your heart.
- Research has shown that palm oil and olive oil have basically the same effect on blood cholesterol levels.
- Malaysian palm oil is a balanced fat. Experts say that these better-for-you fats help reduce inflammation which may cause degenerative diseases such as heart disease.
- Palm oil’s tocotrienols– a super potent form of vitamin E – helps prevent oxidative damage to cells.
- Malaysian palm oil is non-GMO and naturally trans fat-free. This makes it an ideal replacement for factory-produced partially hydrogenated oils, the primary source of unhealthy trans fats.
- Malaysian red palm oil is rich with heart-healthy carotenoids. This potent antioxidant offers numerous health benefits such as boosting your immune system.
Robin Miller is a health and nutrition editor with more than 30 years of industry experience. She researches and writes about the nutritional benefits of palm fruit oil, with the goal of giving readers factual, science-based information that will be useful in their daily lives.