This post was originally published on July 5, 2018 and updated on February 12, 2020.
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms
- Malaysian sustainable palm oil , for frying
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1./2 can evaporated milk
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 or 2 red bird’s eye chilies, sliced
- 1 or 2 green bird’s eye chilies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian mushroom powder or 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
Tear mushrooms into large pieces. In a bowl, combine flour mixture ingredients and toss with the mushrooms, shaking off excess. In a wok, heat the palm oil. Deep fry the mushrooms in batches until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
In a clean wok or frying pan, cook margarine and evaporated milk together until mixture is grainy. Add in curry leaves, chilies, and seasoning powder.
Toss the mushrooms in the mixture and season to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Debbie Teoh
We are your resource for information on the health and nutritional benefits of Malaysian palm fruit oil and palm fruit oil bioactives. We provide breaking news and industry research, including the exciting potential for supporting cardiovascular and neurological health.