This post was originally published on October 23, 2019 and updated on December 28, 2020.
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Malaysian Red Palm Oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil , Cook the spaghetti, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a sauté pan over medium heat, combine the oils, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook gently without too much browning, do not burn the garlic or it will get bitter. This sauce should take 4-5 minutes to make
- When the pasta is done, mix it directly into the sauce in the pan with 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Turn the heat back to high toss until the pasta is al dente and the sauce coats the pasta.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped parsley and serve
We are your resource for information on the health and nutritional benefits of Malaysian palm fruit oil and palm fruit oil bioactives. We provide breaking news and industry research, including the exciting potential for supporting cardiovascular and neurological health.