A delicious chicken dish covered in a Palm Oil sauce from Chef Gerard.
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- add to taste - sea salt
- add to taste - pepper, freshly ground
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 tablespoons Red Palm Fruit Oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium high heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 6 tablespoons Malaysian Red Palm Oil.
- When butter and oil are hot, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is golden, flip and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the pan and hold in a warm spot.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Place on the burner and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan to deglaze for extra flavor.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1 Tbsp of Palm oil to sauce and whisk to emulsify.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.