This easy, one-dish meal pairs two family favorites: soup and seafood. It’s packed with nutrition, including vitamin E tocotrienols from the Malaysian sustainable palm oil, and uses simple ingredients that may already be in your refrigerator or pantry.
- 1 pound Pacific Halibut fillet, cut into 4 oz boneless, skinless portions
- 4 ounces Malaysian Red Palm Oil
- 1 cup Yukon Gold Potato, Diced
- 1 cup Carrot, small dice
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 White onion, julienned
- 1 cup Tomato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Minced garlic (about 10 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Place a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and heat until hot. Place the halibut fillets in the pan and sear to a light golden color. Gently remove, add the vegetables and heat until aromatic. Add the liquid and remaining ingredients except the cilantro to the pan, bring to a simmer, add halibut back to pan, and cover for 6 minutes or until halibut is just cooked through.
Uncover, add cilantro, and cook 2 minutes longer.