July 7 is World Chocolate Day! A growing number of chocolate makers, including Kinder, Ferrero, Mars and Nestle, use certified sustainable palm oil to make environmentally friendly and responsible chocolate. Palm-based cocoa butter substitutes remain solid at room temperature and give chocolate a smooth, creamy texture.
Malaysian palm oil is certified by globally recognized certification standards such as the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), the nationally mandated Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil (MSPO) program and the German ISCC. This means Malaysian palm oil growers and producers must comply with guidelines and criteria that were developed through expert consultations and include elements that addresses deforestation, habitat loss and social conflict.
Celebrate World Chocolate Day (heck, why not celebrate the entire month!) with these ooey, gooey Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies.
- ½ cup peanut butter (peanut butter with palm oil is a healthier choice than peanut butter made with partially hydrogenated oils)
- 5-6 Tbs. fresh cream
Fudge Brownie Layer
- ⅔ cup margarine
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped compound chocolate (chocolate made with palm oil)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. margarine
- 3 Tbs + 1/2 cup extra puffed rice (crispies)
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
To make the sauce
Combine all ingredients until spreadable
To make the fudgy brownie layer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square pan with baking parchment.
- Melt margarine and chocolate over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat and stir in salt and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Whisk in vanilla extract, and fold in flour.
- Pour into prepared pan, smoothing top with a knife. Bake for 30 minutes.
To make top layer
Melt chocolate chip, peanut butter and margarine over medium heat. Stir in 3 Tbs. of puffed rice
Remove brownie from oven, sprinkle with peanuts. Pour top layer mixture over, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the extra puffed rice.
We are your resource for information on the health and nutritional benefits of Malaysian palm fruit oil and palm fruit oil bioactives. We provide breaking news and industry research, including the exciting potential for supporting cardiovascular and neurological health.